Universal Updater is a homebrew application that allows you to download other homebrew applications. This bypasses the need to download apps individually to a PC and install them via FBI. Instead, this application will download and install the homebrew application for you.
- Make sure you have Custom Firmware (CFW) installed.
- Make sure to download the latest Universal-Updater.cia.
- Download the latest release from the link above.
- Make sure it is the cia file.
- Copy it to anywhere on your 3DS' SD card.
- Launch FBI.
- On the Main Menu click on SD.
- Find the location you copied the CIA file to and install the file.
- Go to the Home Screen.
- Open the package.
- Launch Universal-Updater.
- Choose an application you want.
- Click the CIA if you want it to have installed as application on the home screen.
- Click on the .3dsx if you want to have it in the homebrew launcher.
- Click on Confirm and wait for it to install.
- Go back to the Home Screen.
Enjoy your new application.