RetroXMB Creator is a tool which will allow you to create shortcuts to launch any game directly from the XMB. This includes all cores in RetroArch, DosBox, Lua, movies, PSX, and PS3 games. RetroXMB Creator can also be found inside of AldosTools.
RetroXMB requires that you have:
- Multiman or Irisman installed
- RetroArch installed; optionally the RetroXMB edition add-on which allows the PKGs to work even if RetroArch is updated
A guide for creating your own ICON1.PAM can be found on this page.
- Launch the RetroXMB Creator. You may be prompted for initial settings for whatever emulator is selected; you can close this menu as you will need to select the correct emulator first.
- Select your desired emulation type from the left-hand menu and click the blue square in the top right corner. The correct settings menu will pop up, and you can change some general settings, as well as core-specific options. Select Save when finished.
- Enter the your own Title ID (or leave the default), and enter the title of your game.
- Add your ROM by clicking or dragging it into the program.
- "Use Central Paths for ROMS" - If you specify a location, it will *not* include your ROM in the PKG, but rather look for your ROM in your specified location and launch it. External hard drive paths can be used, but your hard drive must be plugged into the USB you specify in the path name (starting with USB000 being the right-most USB).
- "Use Central Path for Saves" - If you specify a location, it will create save files in the specified location. If one is not specified, it will create save files in the
.../game/<titleID>/folder. External hard drive paths can be used, but your hard drive must be plugged into the USB you specify in the path name (starting with USB000 being the right-most USB).
- Select the "Manual" button. Here you can create an XMB Manual.
- Select the "Preview" button. Here you can right-click different areas of the screen and specify various items. You can also browse a repository of ICON1.PAM files and manuals for your game, as well as select the (*i*) icon to add notes or a description.
|ICON1.PAM||Content Icon Video||320x176||Sound is supported; Limit of 2.4MB in combination with SND0.AT3|
|SND0.AT3||Content Icon Sound||N/A||Overrides sound of ICON1.PAM if present; Limit of 2.4MB in combination with SND0.AT3. You can make your own by visiting this page.|
|PIC0.PNG||Overlay picture||1000x560||Only visible in 16:9 screens|
|PIC2.PNG||Overlay picture||310x250||Only visible in 4:3 screens|
- Select "Make PKG" and the package will be created.