3DS:Playing Game Backups
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Circumventing DRM mechanisms and/or creating backup copies of games and media for personal use is a right granted only in some countries. It is your sole responsibility to stay up to date with the law in your respective country. The information provided within this wiki is solely educational and its editors take no responsibility for the use or misuse of this information.|
- Make sure you have Custom Firmware (CFW) installed.
- Have dumped the 3DS or DS Cartridge by following this guide.
- A PC able to emulate 3DS or DS games.
- Have the latest FBI installed if you want to install it to your 3DS.
Playing CIA Game Backups on 3DS
- Power on 3DS and launch FBI.
- On the Main Menu click on SD.
- Navigate to
- Click on
- Click on "TitleID.trim.standard.cia" and wait for it to install.
- Boot back to the main screen and open up the gift.
You are now able to play your backed up game on your 3DS without the Cartridge
Using Emulation on a PC
Installing the Emulator
- On a PC, download Citra and run the installer.
- Click Next.
- Choose a directory where you want Citra installed to
Default works with no issuesand click Next.
- Select the Version of Citra you want and click Next.
- Nightly are official tested versions of Citra Known to work.
- Canary are development builds that are changing constantly with new features that are not tested.
- Read the License Agreement and click on "I accept the License" and click Next.
- Click Next on the Start Menu shortcut.
- Click Install and click Finish once it is done installing.
Launching a Game
- Go into the Windows Start Menu and run the Citra launcher.
- Double Click on "Add New Game Directory".
- Find the location where you transferred the game after following this guide.
- Launch the Game.
Enjoy the your backed up game on your PC.
Configuring a Controller or Keyboard
- In Citra, navigat to Emulation > Configure > Controls.
- Change the key binds to what you want them to be on your controller or keyboard