PS2:Resetting Component Video Out Setting
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the event that you toggle the Component Video Out option in the System Configuration menu to the incorrect setting, you may be presented with a black screen that persists through reboots. You can either plug in a set of composite cables and navigate back to the setting or you can change the setting blindly with the instructions below.
Changing the Component Video Out Setting Blindly
- Remove any disc from the drive and power off your PS2.
- Press the power button and wait 20 seconds for it to boot up.
- Press Down, then X to enter the System Configuration menu.
- Press Down three times, then X to select the Component Video Out option.
- If you want to set it to YPbPr, press Right then X. If you want to set it to RGB, press Left then X.