(Redirected from PS3:Safe Mode)Jump to navigation Jump to search
If your PS3 is having issues, the recovery menu may help you fix them. You can also update your firmware here.
A video demonstration of how to boot into recovery mode can be found on MrMario2011's channel (@1:05).
Booting into the Recovery Menu
- Remove any disc and USB device and turn off your PS3.
- Hold down the power button and wait for your PS3 to turn on and back off. Release the power button.
- Hold the power button again until you hear a quick double beep. Release the power button.
- Plug in your controller and press the PS button.
- Restart System:
- Restarts the PS3.
- Restore Default Settings:
- Resets any changed system settings back to default. This is safe to use on CFW.
- Restore File System:
- Checks for corrupt/missing system files. This is safe to use on CFW.
- Rebuild Database:
- Rebuilds the OS for the PS3 - This may take hours. This is safe to use on CFW.
- Restore PS3 System:
- Full system format; Deletes all files except the firmware, and restores default system settings. This is safe to use on CFW.
- System Update:
- Update the PS3 firmware via disk or USB; Remove any discs from the disc drive if you are on CFW!