Jump to navigation Jump to search
If your PS4 is having issues, the recovery menu may help you fix them. You can also update your firmware here.
Booting into the Recovery Menu
- Turn off your PS4.
- Hold down the power button and wait until you hear two beeps. Release the power button.
- Plug in your controller and press the PS button.
- Restart System:
- Restarts the PS4 and prompts the user for audio/video settings.
- Change Resolution:
- Changes to 480p resolution upon next reboot.
- Update System Software:
- Update the PS4 firmware via disk or USB; remove any disks from the Blu-Ray drive first!
- Restore Default Settings:
- Resets the console settings to defaults. Does not modify user data.
- Rebuild Database:
- Scans the PS4 hard drive and creates a new database of all the stored content - This may take hours.
- Initialize PS4:
- Full system format; Deletes all files and starts with a fresh OS installation.
- Initialize PS4 (Reinstall System Software)
- Full system format; Deletes all files and requires the firmware to be reinstalled via [USB device](https://www.reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/wiki/update)