GameCube:Boot Disc Information
A bootdisc is something that allows you to boot homebrew from a memory card or SD Card. There are two types of boot discs, only one of which is cost effective to use anymore. The main advantage of using a boot disc is there are zero modifications needed to your GameCube - Just plug and play...and you can still pay original discs, with or without the help of Swiss.
Game Save Exploits
These require certain original game discs that are exploitable to load a hacked saved game from a memory card preloaded with your HomeBrew of choice.
- Exploitable Game Disc
- Preloaded Memory Card with hacked game save (or a friend with a modded / or homebrewed GameCube than can load the files onto a memory card for you)
Preloaded memory cards targeting the NTSC-U and PAL versions of The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door are available from CastleManiaGames(US).
List of Exploitable Game Discs
- Animal Crossing
- BMX XXX
- F-Zero GX
- James Bond 007: Agent Under Fire
- The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
- The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
- Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
- Pokémon Colosseum
- Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness
- Super Mario Sunshine (PAL-only)
- Super Smash Bros. Melee
- Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon 2
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell
- Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Boot Disc made by Action Replay that comes with a preloaded memory card. These are hard to find and quite expensive.