3DS:Playing Game Backups
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Creating backup copies of games and media for personal use is a right granted only in some countries. It is your sole responsibility to stay up to date with the law in your respective country.|
The information provided within this wiki is solely educational and its editors take no responsibility for the use or misuse of this information.
- Make sure you have Custom Firmware (CFW) installed.
- Have dumped the 3DS or DS Cartridge by following this guide.
- A PC able to emulate 3DS or DS games.
- Have the latest FBI installed if you want to install it to your 3DS.
Playing CIA Game Backups on 3DS
- Power on 3DS and launch FBI.
- On the Main Menu click on SD.
- Navigate to
- Click on
- Click on "TitleID.trim.standard.cia" and wait for it to install.
- Boot back to the main screen and open up the gift.
You are now able to play your backed up game on your 3DS without the Cartridge
Using Emulation on a PC
Installing the Emulator
- On a PC, download Citra and run the installer.
- Click Next.
- Choose a directory where you want Citra installed to
Default works with no issuesand click Next.
- Select the Version of Citra you want and click Next.
- Nightly are official tested versions of Citra Known to work.
- Canary are development builds that are changing constantly with new features that are not tested.
- Read the License Agreement and click on "I accept the License" and click Next.
- Click Next on the Start Menu shortcut.
- Click Install and click Finish once it is done installing.
Launching a Game
- Go into the Windows Start Menu and run the Citra launcher.
- Double Click on "Add New Game Directory".
- Find the location where you transferred the game after following this guide.
- Launch the Game.
Enjoy the your backed up game on your PC.
Configuring a Controller or Keyboard
- In Citra, navigat to Emulation > Configure > Controls.
- Change the key binds to what you want them to be on your controller or keyboard