Atari 2600:Creating Game and Save Backups
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Multiple options exist to create backups of your game ROMs and save data for the Atari 2600. Depending on what options and systems you need, some options may be better than others.
The Retrode 2 is capable of reading game ROMs and saves. They are no longer sold through the official site, but have authorized distributors.
The Retrode 2 supports:
- SNES / Super Famicom
- Game Boy Advance
- Sega Genesis / Mega Drive
- Nintendo 64 (with separate adapter)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (with separate adapter)
- Sega Master System (with separate adapter)
- Sega Game Gear (with separate adapter)
- Atari 2600 (with separate adapter)
For more information, see the official website.
Various projects exist to dump Atari 2600 cartridges with an Arduino.