PS2:Resetting Component Video Out Setting
In the event that you toggle the Component Video Out option in the System Configuration menu to the incorrect setting, you may be presented with a black screen that persists through reboots. You can either plug in a set of composite cables and navigate back to the setting or you can change the setting blindly with the instructions below.
Changing the Component Video Out Setting Blindly
- Remove any disc from the drive and power off your PS2.
- Press the power button and wait 20 seconds for it to boot up.
- Press Down, then X to enter the System Configuration menu.
- Press Down three times, then X to select the Component Video Out option.
- If you want to set it to YPbPr, press Right then X. If you want to set it to RGB, press Left then X.