Control Console API is a framework that allows you to read and write values and addresses in RAM in real-time using a PC or Android device over the local network. It's typically used for debugging and real time game modding. Note that in order to modify games, you must first convert their EBOOT to a debug EBOOT. CCAPI is supported on both CEX and DEX firmwares.
Installing CCAPI on the Console
- Install the CCAPI Installer PKG on your PS3 and launch it.
- Confirm the installation twice and allow the console to reboot. If successful, it should display a notification that CCAPI has been installed.
Installing CCAPI on your PC
In order for your console and PC to be able to communicate between each other you also need to install the CCAPI software onto your PC. A download for the PC software can be found on the CCAPI Installer page.
- Extract the CCApi_package_2.80 folder on your desktop and open the folder named "PC" inside of it. You will find an installer named CCAPI-setupv2.80.
- Run the installer, and configure it as you please, or accept default settings.
- After the install is complete, launch ControlConsole API and ensure that it launches properly.
Connecting your Console (PC)
The final step to setting up the link between your computer and your console is adding your console to Console Manager. This program will save your console's information for you to use at a later time.
- Launch ControlConsole API on your PC
- Select the File tab on the top left and "Add new console". A dialog box will appear and ask for you to enter in the console name and IP address.
- On the XMB navigate to Settings -> Network Settings -> Settings and Connection Status List. Locate where it says IP Address and write it down.
- Enter a name for your console, and the IP address from Step 3, and press OK to save the settings.
- You will now see your console's name and IP address listed in the Consoles window. Right click on it and select the Connect option. If it connected to your console, a dialog box will pop up stating that it has successfully connected to your console.
- Click the Refresh button under the Console info category to verify that it can fetch information from your console.
Connecting your Console (Android)
- Download and install CCAPI for PS3 on your Android device.
- Launch the app and select "Add Console". Enter a name and the IP of your console, which can be found in the Settings column, under Network Settings, and Settings and Connection Status List.
- Tap the newly created PS3 connection and press "Connect". It should connect successfully, and you will be able to manipulate your console using the options button in the top left.
CID Stealer Protection
If you are planning on using a mod tool on your PC in conjunction with CCAPI, it's a good idea to block the program's Internet access so it can't steal your ConsoleID (CID) and upload it to someone else if it is malicious. You can do this with the following process on Windows:
- Click on your Start Menu and type "Windows Firewall" and select the option that pops up.
- Select Advanced Settings → Outbound Rules (left side) → New Rule (right side).
- Follow the wizard and select the .exe file of your mod tool and block it from Domain, Public, and Private networks.