Webmanis a Cobra/Mamba boot plugin featuring many of Multiman's features accessible from the XMB. Webman-MOD is a well maintained fork that has a few extra features, such as an easy installer and IDPS spoofing. The version previously bundled with Rebug firmware is Webman-MOD, but more recent versions can be downloaded with the installation instructions below.
- Mount PS3/PS2/PSX/PSP games from the XMB, or from a device on your local network
- Always-on FTP server, even while playing games
- Always-on MAPI functions
- Fan control settings
- Install PKGs (such as PSN games) to an external HDD
- Record video
- Stream games from a PC hard drive
- If on Rebug 4.81.2 or older, open Rebug Toolbox and enable both Cobra and Webman
- Install the latest updater PKG from here and run the updater while holding L1 to get the most updated full version.
- If on other CFW, download and install the latest "webMAN_MOD_[version]_Installer.pkg" from here and run the installer while holding L1 to get the most updated full version. You will need to be on a Cobra compatible CFW, or enable it in Rebug Toolbox for Rebug CFW, in order for Webman to work.
- On the XMB, select the Webman Games folder.
- Select the desired category and game, it will open the Internet browser.
- Select Yes to close the browser.
- Press the game disk button to start the game.
- If the disk icon does not show up for PSP games, you will need to launch it with a PSP Launcher.
Running Backups over Network
PS3netsrv is a function that allows you to stream game backups over your network from a PC. You can configure this option in Webman Games → Webman Setup → PS3 Webman [Setup], by entering the IP address of your PS3netsrv server host and the port under the "Scan for LAN games/videos" setting. The games will then show up with the rest of your games in the Webman games folder on the XMB.
Installing PKGs to External HDD
Webman gives you the option to redirect the install location of PKGs to your external hard drive. You can toggle this between a USB device and your internal hard drive by selecting Webman Games → Webman Setup → Toggle external gameDATA. After toggling it, you can back out to the XMB and install a package as usual. A folder will be created on your USB device labelled "GAMEI" and will host your installed files. Not all games are compatible with an externalized gameDATA.
By pressing the button combo Start + R2, a screenshot will be saved to
Webman allows for video recording while in-game. Press the PS button while in a game, then Select+R3 to begin recording. Press the PS button, and Select+R3 again to stop recording. A MP4 will be generated in /dev_hdd0/VIDEO. Keep in mind that not every game may work.
You can access the Webman setup by navigating to Webman Games → Webman Setup → PS3 Webman [Setup], or by using another device and typing in the IP of your PS3. A few of the most useful settings are:
- Scan for content: Allows you to select what folders show up on the XMB.
- Load last-played game on startup: Allows Webman to automatically mount and launch the last game you played on startup.
- Disable startup notification of WebMAN on the XMB: Disables the "Webman Loaded!" notification on boot up.
- Disable firmware version spoofing: By unchecking the box, it will spoof your firmware to the current version when that version of Webman was released.
- Auto-Play: Will automatically launch a game after you mount it
- Enable dynamic fan control: Allows you to set thresholds for when the fan should kick on and how powerful it should be.
- Scan for LAN games/videos: Allows you to stream games/videos from another device on your network. See the above section for details.
- Change IDPS and PSID in lv2 memory at system startup: Will spoof your console's IDPS and PSID values to the ones supplied.
- XMB/In-Game PAD Shortcuts: Allows you to enable or disable button combo shortcuts. It is recommended to disable any that conflict with other apps.
- "Wait for any USB device to be ready" and "Wait additionally for each selected USB device to be read": If you are having issues with your external hard drive being recognized at bootup, change this to 5 seconds or longer.
Make sure to select Save at the bottom of the page when you're done, and then restart your PS3 by scrolling up and selecting the "Here" hyperlink.
- Games won't show up in games list
- Try selecting Webman Games → Webman Setup → Refresh XML and then reboot. If you are using an NTFS hard drive, update to the latest version of Webman by looking at the installation instructions above.
- Webman crashes to recovery
- Try deleting the old Webman settings by navigating into Webman Games → Webman Setup → Delete Config. Alternatively, you can use the button combo SELECT+L2+R2+R3.
- Games won't load after updating
- Make sure that your CFW has Cobra integrated in it. If you are on Rebug 4.81.2 or older, make sure that Cobra is turned on in Rebug Toolbox. Occasionally when updating, you will still see Webman on the XMB even though Cobra is turned off.
- PS3 Freezing when trying to launch a Webman game
- Try toggling Cobra off and back on in Rebug Toolbox.