PS4:Alternative Methods of Jailbreaking
This page provides:
- A method that allows direct access to the previous DNS method via the Internet Browser and self-hosting.
- A method that will allow you to completely stay offline and create your own host website for your jailbroken PS4.
For people who can't access DNS
For some people, their ISP (Internet Provider) will not allow the user to use any DNS thus can't jailbreak the same way as everyone else.
- On your PS4, open Internet Browser and navigate to either site below and select your firmware version:
- FOR 9.00 ONLY: If you see "Insert USB now", plug in your USB drive that Rufus has flashed, wait until the notification pops and disappears, then press OK. If you see "You're all set", it means you now jailbroken the PS4 (also on FW lower than 9.00 this should appear without a USB drive)
- Additionally, to block PSN connection like the DNS would have done, you can navigate on your PS4, after jailbreaking, to Debug settings > PlayStation Network > NP Environment, and simply change np value to any other word such as
- You now have jailbroken your PS4! 9.00 users, you need to remove the USB after you see the "You're all set!" screen.
Self-hosting involves cloning a website then running it locally using your PC as the server. If you have DNS ISP problem this most likely wont work.
|If your chosen exploit menu supports caching, you only need to host the exploit on your PC the first time, as it will display the cached version going forward.|
- First, find a host you want to clone. For example, Karo's 9.00 and lower JB host.
- Download and extract or install:
- Run XAMPP and open its control panel. Select Start so that Apache turns green.
- Open a command prompt and run: ipconfig to find your IP Address (IPv4 Address). Take note of it.
- Put fakedns.py to the folder C:/Python27/
- In the same folder create a .txt file and write:
A manuals.playstation.net IPADDRESS- replace IPADDRESS with your IP Address you took note of.
- Save the file and rename it to dns.conf. Make sure its a .conf and NOT a .txt file.
- Back to command prompt, run the command:
fakedns.py -c dns.conf. This will start a fake server.
- On the PS4, navigate to Settings > Network > Check Connect to the Internet, then Set Up Internet Connection and set:
Connection: Wi-Fi or LAN cable Set Up: Custom IP Address: Automatic DHCP Host Name: Do Not Specify DNS Settings: Manual Primary DNS: YOUR IP ADDRESS - Explanation: This DNS will redirect you to the host. Secondary DNS: 0.0.0.0 MTU Settings: Automatic Proxy Server: Do Not Use
- On your PS4, navigate to Settings > User's Guide/Helpful Info > User Guide. Take note of the address it tries to load. It should appear like this:
http://manuals.playstation.net/document/region/ps4/index.html- Take note of the region code. Could be "Ca" or "en", "eu" etc.
C:/XAMPP/htdocs/document/region/ps4/- again replace region with your own region code.