PS4:How to Hack your PS4
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A jailbreak for PS4 will likely never be released on the latest firmware. Most jailbreak developers try to avoid ruining the online experience for other people by enabling cheating online and also prevent people from getting their consoles or accounts banned. Below you can find quick info on what firmware you should be on before attempting anything:
- Latest firmware (unexploited): 10.01
- Latest exploited firmware (can be jailbroken): 9.00 (and everything lower).
- At this time, you can only downgrade ("firmware revert") your PS4 if you had previously backed up your sflash, syscon, and HDD from a previous firmware version. If you are on an unexploited firmware, you can either either hold off on updating your console until your current firmware may be exploited or you can buy a console on a lower firmware.
- Since you cannot log into PSN with a firmware older than the latest version, you cannot get banned.
- 1. Start fresh. This means deleting everything from your HDD and update/reset your PS4 to the factory settings.
- 2. Jailbreak without resetting. This means updating to a exploitable firmware and jailbreaking without resetting/erasing the HDD.
- 3. Alternative methods of jailbreaking. For people who cannot use DNS because of their ISP and for those who want to self-host.