PS4:Updating your Firmware (OFW/CFW)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
In the event that you wish to update your firmware without connecting to PSN, you can update via a USB storage device. **Ensure that there is no disk inside of the PS4 when attempting to update the firmware**.
Updating the Firmware (Recovery Mode)
- Remove any disks in the Blu-Ray drive and disconnect the console from the Internet.
- Create a folder called "PS4" on the root of your USB storage device.
- Create a folder within the PS4 folder called "UPDATE".
- Place the desired firmware within the UPDATE folder and rename it "PS4UPDATE.PUP".
- Plug your USB storage device into the right-most USB port of your PS4.
- Boot your console into the Recovery Menu by powering it on, holding the power button until it turns off, then holding it again until it does it a quick double-beep.
- Select "System Update" and choose "Update via Storage Media".
- Allow update to install and reboot.
- You will most likely need to update your apps, such as Multiman or Rebug Toolbox, to fully use them.