Jump to navigation Jump to search
On a custom dashboard, an FTP server will often be running in the background, which allows you to transfer files to and from your Xbox 360 over the network. WinSCP is a FTP client which you can use to do this. A video demonstration of how to use FTP with an Xbox 360 can be found on MrMario2011's channel.
- Make sure your Xbox 360 and your computer are on the same network, either over Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Take note of your Xbox's IP address. It should be visible on the dashboard.
- Open WinSCP and select FTP in the "File Protocol" box. Enter your Xbox's IP address into the "Host name" field, and leave the port number as 21. Type in
xboxas the username and password, and click the Login button.
- In the right-hand pane, you should see a list of the different partitions on the Xbox's drive, and you can browse your PC on the left-hand side.
- To transfer a file or a folder, drag it between the panes. A box will pop up, and you can click "OK" to transfer the file immediately, or first check "Transfer in Background" so you can keep browsing your Xbox 360 while the files are transferred.