Xbox One:Installing Physical Games from the Network
If, for whatever reason, your Xbox One can read physical game discs well enough to authenticate the disc and boot into already installed games, but has problems doing a full installation off disc, don't lose hope!
You can install your physical game disc over the network instead.
- Insert game and start the installation.
- Cancel the installation but leave the disc inserted.
- Go to the Xbox Store and search for the game.
- Instead of the option to Buy, you'll see "Install". Select it.
- The game will download from the Xbox Store instead of the disc.