GameSonic Manager is a fork of Iris Manager, which adds extra features, including the Mamba payload. You must have Cobra disabled if you are using it on a Cobra-based firmware such as Rebug. GameSonic is similar to another fork of Iris Manager called IrisMAN.
On first launch, you will be presented with options to setup GameSonic. After the initial launch, it will boot directly into the GameSonic home screen. On the home screen, you can use the following controls to navigate:
- Left Analog Stick / DPAD: Left to right will allow you to select different games, pressing down will sort the games in different orders, and pressing up will show the favorites menu if you have any set.
- Cross: Mounts game to be booted from the XMB.
- Circle: Return to home screen; Exits to XMB if on home screen.
- Triangle: Return to home screen and shows CPU/RSX temperature if not currently displayed.
- Select: Game Options.
- Start: Global Options.
- Config. Game: Displays settings specific to the selected game.
- Copy Game: Makes a folder format copy of the selected game on your USB device.
- Delete Game: Deletes the selected game.
- Fix File Permissions: Automatically fixes file permissions.
- Test Game: Displays how many big files or split files the game folder contains.
- Build ISO: Prompts you to make an ISO format copy of the selected game to either your HDD or USB device.
- Copy to Favorites: Adds game to list of favorites accessible by pressing up on the home screen.
- Game Update: Downloads game patches.
- System Info: Displays GameSonic version, firmware version, free HDD space, IP address, MAC address, and Mamba version.
- Setup Video: Re-runs the video setup for GameSonic.
- Change Current GUI: Will change between different layouts for your games in GameSonic.
- Tools: Various tools regarding payloads, resetting to default settings, and the Archive Manager.
The file manager in GameSonic displays two folder browsing sessions side by side. You can browse through the directories by using the DPAD or Left Analog Stick, and press Cross to enter them.
- Selecting a PKG file will prompt you to install it.
- Selecting an unrecognized file will open the file in a hex editor; Pressing Circle will exit it.
- Pressing Circle or Triangle on a file will allow you to do basic Copy/Paste/Move/Delete commands as well as build an ISO or fix games.
- Pressing Start will show all controls.
- Pressing Select + Start will exit the Archive Manager.
- Pressing Circle on the main menu will allow you access to advanced options such as mounting
/dev_blind/, dumping LV1 or LV2, or editing LV2 or RAM.