IrisMAN is a fork of Iris Manager, which adds extra features, including the Mamba payload. If Cobra is enabled on your CFW while Irisman is being installed, Irisman will use the Cobra payload instead of its built in Mamba payload. IrisMAN is similar to another fork of Iris Manager called GameSonic.
- Mounting and launching of PS3 games from external HDD (
/dev_usbxxx/GAMEZ) or internal HDD (
- Display game covers located in
/dev_hdd0/game/IMANAGER4/covers(named similarly to BLES12345.JPG).
- Supports large files (+4GB) cached on internal HDD for games launched from USB.
- Supports PS2 data for games like Singstar (the path included "ps2disc.txt" is mounted as "/dev_ps2disc").
- Supports PSX games from CD and ISO image format.
- Supports playing of extracted PKGs stored on external HDD (in
- PKG Installation from Iris (Tools -> .PKG Install).
- Built-in FTP Server.
- New 'Mamba' payload for non-Cobra CFW 4.46+ CEX.
On first launch, you will be presented with options to setup IrisMAN. After the initial launch, it will boot directly into the IrisMAN home screen. On the home screen, you can use the following controls to navigate:
- Left Analog Stick / DPAD: Left to right will allow you to select different games, pressing down will sort the games in different orders, and pressing up or R3 will filter the game list to show a different category of homebrew or your favorites list. Pressing L3 will allow you to choose which category to see.
- Cross: Mounts game to be booted from the XMB.
- Circle: Return to home screen; Exits to XMB if on home screen.
- Triangle: Game Options.
- Start: Global Options.
- Config. Game: Displays settings specific to the selected game.
- Copy Game: Makes a folder format copy of the selected game on your USB device.
- Delete Game: Deletes the selected game.
- Fix File Permissions: Automatically fixes file permissions.
- Test Game: Displays how many big files or split files the game folder contains.
- Build ISO: Prompts you to make an ISO format copy of the selected game to either your HDD or USB device.
- Copy to Favorites: Adds game to list of favorites accessible by pressing up on the home screen.
- Game Update: Downloads game patches.
- Tools: Various tools regarding payloads, installing PKGs, spoofing the Console ID, and the File Manager.
- Game List: Displays your games sorted into various categories.
- Change Current GUI: Will change between different layouts for your games in IrisMAN.
- Video Adjust: Re-runs the video setup for IrisMAN.
- Change Game Directory: Allows you to change directory to read games from (GAMES or GAMEZ).
- Switch Music On/Off: Turns background music on or off while in IrisMAN.
- FTP Initialize: Allows you to change the FTP server to Auto-On.
- Covers Download: Downloads covers for all PS3 games, if not already done.
- Credits: Shows a relevant quote and credits to users who made IrisMAN possible.
- System Info: Displays IrisMAN version, firmware version, free HDD space, IP address, MAC address, and Mamba version.
The file manager in IrisMAN displays two folder browsing sessions side by side. You can browse through the directories by using the DPAD or Left Analog Stick, and press Cross to enter them.
- Selecting a PKG file will prompt you to install it.
- Selecting an unrecognized file will open the file in a hex editor; Pressing Circle will exit it.
- Pressing Circle or Triangle on a file will allow you to do basic Copy/Paste/Move/Delete commands as well as build an ISO or fix games.
- Pressing Start will show all controls.
- Pressing Select + Start will exit the File Manager.
- Pressing Circle on the main menu will allow you access to advanced options such as mounting
/dev_blind/, dumping LV1 or LV2, or editing LV2 or RAM.
Switching PS1 Discs
Irisman offers a relatively unknown feature: to switch discs on multi-disc PS1 games. To use this, the game discs have to be in the same folder on a FAT32 external hard drive with the naming convention as follows:
To switch to the next disc, simply unplug the USB storage device and plug it back in. The system will automatically try and load the next disc (if it exists).