XexDash, not to be confused with the more popular XeXmenu, is a minimal custom dashboard capable of launching game backups, FTP, and changing fan speeds. On release, XexDash was used for supporting Chinese and Japanese characters in game and folder names, a feature that caused issues on other dashboards.
- The default username/password for FTP is "xbox" and "xbox".
- If you have issues using FTP after using this dashboard, delete the
XexDash.xmlfile it generated on hdd1:\. You may need to completely remove the dashboard and restart your Xbox 360 to get it to work.
As a Demo Shortcut
Extract XexDash_Dashboard.zip and copy the folder "C0DE0003" to
usb1:\Content\0000000000000000. Launch it from the Microsoft dashboard by navigating to Game Library > Demos > XexDash.
As a XEX
Extract XexDash_Xex.zip and copy the folder "XexDash" to your Xbox 360. Use a file manager to navigate into the folder and launch it by selecting the .xex.
- DPAD: Up/down/left/right
- LT/RT/LB/RB: Page up/down on games
- A: Enter/Confirm
- Y: Menu
- X: Sort games by name
- B: Readme
- Back: Return to Dashboard
Copy your game files of an Xbox or Xbox 360 game to a folder inside of
Devkit:\hidden. From the main screen of XexDash, press Y to open the menu, then select Driver Disk, and choose the device holding the game files. It will populate a list of your games. Hover over a game and it will list the title ID in the top left of the screen, and you can launch it by pressing A.
- If you wish to add cover art to the game, place a picture named
default.pngin the game folder and it will display in the bottom left corner.
Your IP is listed in the bottom right of the screen. You can connect to it at port 21 with the username
xbox and password
- Driver Disk: Selects the device to load the game list from.
- Type: Change the type of game to regular game or XBLA game.
- Language: Change the language to English, Japanese, or two dialects of Chinese.
- Set: Press left or right on the DPAD to select where it pulls a background image from. The easiest way is to set it to [system] and place a
- Update: Previously would update the dashboard. No longer functional.
- Fan: Press left or right on the DPAD to change the fan speed by 5%. Setting applies from when you open XexDash until Xbox is shut off.
- Return to XDK: Returns to the XDK menu, or if not installed, your default dashboard.
- Return to Dash: Returns to your default dashboard.