Jump to navigation Jump to search
There are four main ways to exploit your console. For software mods, there is the game save exploit method and the hotswap method. For hardware mods, you can install a modchip, or manually flash the TSOP. Use the following points to help you decide on the path to take:
- The easiest and safest method is the game save exploit, which requires one of four specific games, a Xbox to USB-Female adapter, and a flash drive or Android device.
- The hotswap method only requires a PC with an IDE port, but can risk shocking your PC or Xbox components.
- Some modchips can be installed without soldering. Different modchips may be suited for different motherboard revisions.
- TSOP Flashing can be done with only soldering and a DVD-R. It is impossible to TSOP flash a revision 1.6 motherboard.
- If the HDD is broken, and you had not previously exploited the console to get a copy of the EEPROM, your only option is to install a modchip.
You can check your motherboard revision here.