Xbox 360:Updating your Kernel/Dashboard
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This guide will walk you through updating your Kernel/Dashboard to latest version. Keeping your Kernel/Dashboard up to date ensures that you can run newer games in your console and give you the latest features implemented in the official dashboard. By following this guide, the latest Kernel/Dashboard will be patched to include Dashlaunch (using your console information) and then flashed to your console. This process will not break an existing JTAG/RGH installation, even if the hack is dependent on a specific dashboard version.
A video demonstration of how to update your JTAG/RGH dashboard can be found on MrMario2011's channel.
- A Windows PC
- A JTAG/RGH Xbox 360
- A NAND dump (flashdmp.bin file) and your CPU Key (FUSE.txt file) - Guide
- A router (the Xbox 360 and your PC needs to be in same network)
- Simple 360 NAND Flasher 1.4b
- Unofficial xeBuild GUI (currently v2.099)
Patching the NAND
- Download and launch xeBuild GUI on your PC.
- Click "Open" for "Source File" top of the window and select your "flashdmp.bin".
- Click "Get CPUKey/CFLDV from FUSE.txt" and select your "FUSE.txt" file.
- Verify that everything looks normal in "Motherboard information" section.
- Verify that the desired dashboard version is selected.
- Verify that output path in top of window is good.
- Click Generate hacked image in bottom of the window. If everything went well, you should end up with fresh NAND file called "updflash.bin".
Flashing your Patched NAND
- Copy updflash.bin into the root of USB drive and plug it in.
- Press eject to boot Xell and wait for Xell to flash the NAND with rawflash.
- If everything went fine you will get a message saying it was successful and you should shutdown the console.
- Boot your console and verify that everything works. Make sure you are in latest kernel version.
Installing the Avatar Data
- On your PC, download the latest system update from Xbox.com.
- Extract the update and copy $SystemUpdate to your USB storage device. You might need to change
$$ystemUpdateto bypass update blocker.
- Plug the storage device into your Xbox. This seems to work best when in original dashboard.
- If you see THIS, press yes. If you see THIS, DO NOT ACCEPT AS YOU WILL BRICK YOUR CONSOLE.
- The Xbox 360 will install missing data and then reboot. Verify the installation by going to the original dashboard and checking that your avatar has skin and does not look like ghost anymore.