Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page will lead you through the basic setup of your console and /u/Derf_Jagged's recommendations of what to install. This list assumes that you have a freshly JTAG/RGH exploited console.
- If you have an early phat model, check the cooling improvements page for ideas to lower your system temperatures.
- Disable the eFuse Burning Circuit so that you never have to worry about accidentally updating your system with an official update.
- Save a backup dump of your NAND and KV info to somewhere safe if you don't already have one.
- Install XeXmenu.
- Install Aurora and set paths to scan for games. Keep XeXmenu installed as a backup.
- Install DashLaunch and:
defaultto your Aurora XEX so it loads Aurora on bootup.
Xto boot to the Microsoft dashboard XEX (located in flash).
- Block XBL if you don't plan on playing online.
- Modify your bootanim if you want to customize your boot up animation and sound.
- Install apps:
- For emulating non-Xbox games: Various Emulators
- For activating locked DLC or games: XM360
- If you want to mod games, install Xbox 360 Neighborhood and see this page for specific game mods.
- Set up LiNK and/or XLink Kai for system link play.