Jump to navigation Jump to search
This page will lead you through the basic setup of a CFW-capable console and /u/Derf_Jagged's recommendations of what to install.
Answers to common questions and word definitions can be found on the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page.
- Install the latest Rebug CFW.
- Install Rebug Toolbox.
- Browse to Package Manager → Install Package Files → PS3 System Storage → Rebug_Toolbox_xx.xx.xx.pkg.
- Enable the QA Flag.
- Browse to the last column of Rebug Toolbox and select "Toggle QA Flag". This will allow you to install any firmware over your current one, in case something goes wrong.
- Dump your EID0_root_key and back it up to your PC.
- Plug a flash drive into the rightmost USB port and launch Rebug Toolbox. In the last column select "Dump EID0_root_key" and it will back it up to your flash drive. This will let you access your hard drive files in the case that your PS3 dies.
- In some cases, it will back up to your hard drive instead of your flash drive. If this happens, use Multiman's file manager to browse to
/dev_hdd0/game/RBGTLBOX2/USRDIR/and copy eid_root_key to your flash drive.
- Enable Cobra, Webman, and CFW Settings.
- Launch Rebug Toolbox and enable Cobra and CFW Settings.
- Install Webman and reboot.
- Download the following desired applications, place them on a USB flash drive, plug them into your PS3, and select Install Packages → Media Device, and choose each package.
- If you want to mod games, see this page.
- If you want to play with an Xbox 360 / Xbox One / PS4 controller: PS3XPAD.
- If you want to child-proof your PS3: PS3 Lock.
- If you want to customize your background, see this page.
- If you want to customize your boot up animation and sound, see this page.